The Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) primarily functions as a support component of
the university to assist students in their academic, social, emotional, vocational, and spiritual
growth and development so that they will be able to realize their potentials to the fullest.
There are four major units under OSAS: (1) Student Welfare Services Office; (2) Student
Development Services Office; (3) Institutional Student Program and Services Office; and (4)
Research, Accreditation and Records Office.
- Student Welfare Services Office
This unit provides basic services and designs and implements programs and projects needed to ensure and promote the well-being of students. These services are delivered through the following sub-units
- Guidance and Counseling Unit - provides substantial and meaningful activities to promote
students’ well-being through services offered by well-trained professional guidance
counselors and staff.
- Career and Job Placement Services Unit – designs and implements programs and projects
aimed to provide the career development needs of TSU students and graduates by
working hand in hand with the various colleges and offices in the university as well as
outside individuals and organizations.
- Testing, Evaluation and Monitoring Services Unit - administers tests to evaluate, screen
and guide entrants to the university in their choice of courses, including the
administration of psychological and personality tests.
- Economic Enterprise Development Unit – designs and implements income-generating
programs and projects aimed to assist students in addressing their economic needs.
- Student Development Services Unit
This unit designs and implements programs and projects and provides services aimed to develop
the students’ full potential for personal, leadership, and social development through various
institutional and/or student-initiated activities. The sub-units under this office are the following:
- Student Publication Unit - assists and supervises campus publications as they plan and
implement their programs and projects with the ultimate aim of training and developing
students into ethical and competent campus journalists.
- Student Organization Unit - provides quality assistance to student organizations relative
to the formation/establishment, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
of their respective social, educational, and cultural activities, to name a few through the
provision of leadership trainings and other capacity-building interventions
- Culture and the Arts Unit – assists the development of the students in the field of the
culture and arts to ensure that the Philippine cultural heritage is preserved or revived
- Sports Development and Management Unit -spearheads the implementation of the year-round sports development program for students to instil to students the importance of
sports for total human development.
- Student Discipline Unit - provides a judicious implementation of institutional rules and
regulations governing student behavior and conduct; defines and promulgate rules; regulates student conduct; and prescribes sanctions for misconduct after the observance
of due process.
Institutional Student Programs and Services Office
This unit designs and implements programs and projects as well as provide services intended to
pro-actively respond to the basic health, food, and safety concerns of students, including those
with special needs and disabilities. Under this office are the following:
- Medical Services Unit – aims to strengthen medical services as part of the core benefits
of students, and academic and non-academic personnel through a well-integrated health
care program by providing an integrated health care system that is efficient, effective,
timely, and patient-centered.
- Dental Service Unit - provides services in relation to oral hygiene and protection of the
students through dental examinations which is also part of instilling the value of health
care and wellness among students.
- Scholarship Unit (SU) – assists students financially in the pursuit of their academic degrees
by facilitating the processing of application to different scholarship programs and
Research, Accreditation and Records Office
This unit spearheads the conduct of research on student affairs and services; coordinates
programs, projects, and activities to comply with the requirements of accreditation; and receives,
files, and manages records of the Office of Student Affairs and Services