The Bachelor of Science in Accounting Information System aims to produce competent and ethical professional accountants, with an attitude of “learning to learn,” capable of adapting to change, and providing relevant contributions to the profession and society in which they work.
GRADUATE should be able to:
- Resolve business issues and problems with a global and strategic perspective using knowledge and technical proficiency in the areas of financial accounting and reporting, cost accounting and management, accounting and control, taxation, and accounting information systems;
- Conduct accounting information system research through independent studies of relevant literature and appropriate use of accounting theory and methodologies;
- Employ technology as a business tool in capturing financial and non-financial information, generating reports and making decisions;
- Apply knowledge and skills to successfully respond to various type of assessments; and (including professional licensure and certifications); and
- Confidently maintain a commitment to good corporate citizenship, social responsibility and ethical practice in performing functions as an accountant.
Produce graduates that should be able to:
- Record financial transactions in compliance with generally accepted accounting and reporting standards (both local and global) for sole proprietorships, partnerships corporations, government and not-for-profit organizations.
- Prepare accounting information system reports such as budgets and business plans using appropriate framework
- Prepare individual and corporate income tax returns and conduct basic tax planning in compliance with relevant legislations and regulations
- Perform cost benefits analysis for management decisions
- Design and implement a management control and performance system
- Communicate effectively the results of financial analysis
- Design an appropriate research plan, and prepare a critical review of related literature
- Analyze results of study and discuss implications and contributions to body of knowledge
- Present findings and conclusions of the research study, and communicate effectively the recommendations
- Customize an accounting software to a particular business entity
- Develop a financial model using spreadsheet software
- Analyze the performance of a particular business entity using appropriate accounting software tools and functions
- Perform accounting related work in actual workplace based on preset standards
- Promote adherence to legitimate and acceptable ethical objectives of an organization
- Communicate limitations or other constraints that would preclude responsible judgement or successful performance of an activity such as in the practicum or on the job training.