The Center for Tarlaqueño Studies (CTS), under the University Research Office, is primarily tasked to serve as the principal venue of the Tarlac province on historical and cultural materials.
The specific functions of the CTS are:
- To conduct researches related to the history and culture of Tarlac province;
- To publish research articles and cultural materials related to Tarlac province;
- To establish and maintain a University Museum on Tarlac studies ;
- To assist historical and heritage activities of various Tarlac Municipalities;
- To establish linkages with similar centers for institutions around the Philippines and the world; and
- To assist the URO Director in the preparation of work plans and reports.