The College of Science was created by virtue of Tarlac State University Board Resolution no. 64, s. 2000 approving the reorganization of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS).
It serves as a service college of the University in basic and advanced sciences and mathematics. It produces competent graduates responsive to the dynamic domestic and international environment through its curricular offerings: the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management. Among other objectives of the COS is to equip the students with the ability to analyze and apply scientific principles in research undertaking and to function as a dynamic partner of offices, agencies, organizations and other entities within and outside the university in research, extension, and production.
The College offers the curriculum BS Chemistry. It maintains three departments, namely: Department of Chemistry, Department of Physical and Biological Sciences, and Department of Mathematics.
The College of Science pursues the Vision of the University which states :“The Tarlac State University shall be a comprehensive institution of excellence in higher education for total human development.”
The College of Science pursues the Mission of the University which states: “The Tarlac State University is committed to develop, promote, and sustain the efficiency of quality and relevant programs in higher education for people empowerment, professional development and global competitiveness”.
The College of Science aims to provide quality education in sciences and mathematics thru progressive and innovative instruction, research and extension to produce competent graduates responsive to a dynamic domestic and international environment.
The College of Science commits to develop critical thinking, polish minds, nurture virtues and attain excellence in instruction, research, and extension.
- To function as a service college in science and mathematics;
- To produce graduates who comply with the current qualification requirements for local and overseas employment;
- To prepare students for higher studies in chemistry, mathematics, environmental science, nursing, food technology and in other related fields;
- To equip the students with the ability to analyze and apply scientific principles in research undertaking; and
- To function as a dynamic partner of offices, agencies, organizations and other entities within and outside the university in research, extension, and production.