PROGRAM OVERVIEW OF COMMUNICATION
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication program is designed to provide students a comprehensive view and understanding of the role of media and communication in the society. Students are equipped with a balance of theory and hands-on experience in various areas such as broadcast operations and production, journalism, organizational communication, public relations, visual communication, film, and advertising. To this end, students are challenged to respond intelligently, quickly, and ethically and to adapt and grow without hesitation.
OBJECTIVES OF DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION
Graduates of the AB Communication program are expected to:
- Occupy posts/positions in the fields of Broadcast Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Customer Service, Media Affairs, Advertising and Promotions and other allied/related professions.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, assess, communicate effectually within, and mediate among diverse cultural, social, public, and professional systems and facilitate transformation to occur within and among these systems in modes that are civil and respectful of all standpoints.
- Exhibit the ability to produce effective oral, written, virtual and mediated communication and to develop explanations to multifaceted communication needs that show a thorough and coherent combination of varied communication media and processes.
- Demonstrate the competence to create community and collaborative working relationships beyond the university.
- Demonstrate the extension and appreciation of the skills and knowledge acquired during their communication studies in their careers beyond the university or in the continuation of their education.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW OF PSYCHOLOGY
The Psychology program offers students a balanced curriculum in experimental methods, perception, cognition, neuroscience, developmental, social, personality, industrial and clinical areas. It aims to develop students’ understanding of different approaches in Psychology through the study of psychological theories, concepts and research. Students will also develop the ability to identify ethical issues and apply psychology to cultural, social and contemporary issues.
The AB Psychology program helps students acquire a range of skills (analytical, evaluative, problem solving, communication, research and computer literacy) that are applicable to the career path of their choice.
Psychology graduates can establish a career in human services (counseling, advocacy, and mental health), administration, teaching, community relations, program development, research, human resources, public relations, marketing, education and sales.
OBJECTIVES OF DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge in psychology through an understanding of theories, principles, concepts and skills therein, and an evaluation of new information in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the methods of psychological inquiry by critically evaluating the appropriateness of different approaches to problem-solving in the field and applying the acquired skills in dealing with challenges in an applied or employment context.
- Correctly apply psychological theories, principles, concepts and skills in employment and relevant research endeavors.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ethical dimensions of the use of psychological theories and methods.
Undertake further training for developing existing skills and acquiring higher level competencies either through formal graduate education or in an employment context.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW OF ENGLISH
The Bachelor of Arts in English program focuses on the theoretical aspects and practical applications of the English language. It prepares the students for effective communication in English in diverse contexts and situations. It also aims to provide opportunities for applied competencies acquired in the workplace by providing quality education in English that is globally competitive. The program equips students with knowledge and skills in meeting the challenges of contemporary English language teaching in the ASEAN region and other neighboring regions in the world and thereby producing quality English teachers, practitioners, and researchers who possess a broad sense of commitment, professionalism, integrity, and nationalism.
OBJECTIVES OF DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Graduates of the AB English program are expected to:
- Apply their acquired knowledge and skills in the fields of language and literature teaching, research undertakings, and other language-related services.
- Achieve a high level of English language expertise and professionalism so that they are able to succeed in positions in the academe and in language and communication industries.
- Participate in the professional activities that promote the English language in the Philippines, other ASEAN countries, and the world.
- Engage in life-long learning activities, such as graduate work, and other professional trainings.