Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Communications Arts offers students the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the role of the media in society, along with a highly specialized and personalized concentration in their area of professional interest – journalism, broadcast operations and production, visual communications and advertising.
Students are taught how to understand and critically evaluate the past, present and future of mass communications so that they are prepared to excel within its ever-changing structure and to produce changes within it. To this end, students are challenged to expect the unexpected; to respond intelligently, quickly and ethically; and to adapt and grow without hesitation.
Students are guided through track selection and career preparation. Professionals with extensive field experience often teach courses in their area of expertise. This offers students a strong advantage in the field as they prepare not only for their required internship, but also their future.
By acquiring effective communication skills–oral, written and visual–our graduates are prepared for careers in advertising, public relations, journalism, television and radio production and photography. With the advent of the Internet, new media and electronic commerce, our majors also find employment in almost all aspect of the corporate world, including sales and entrepreneurship.
A degree in Communications from Tarlac State University provides students with a broad, liberal arts education and a strong set of core values. Students are prepared to address the ethical considerations of this evolving field, and they are sensitive to the globalized and cross-cultural nature of Mass Communications in our world.
- To produce scholar graduates with both academic knowledge and professional skills for integrated mass media and new media.
- To enhance the cultural diversity and communication sensitivity of students through a variety of communication activities and curriculum offerings.
- To provide specialized instruction that will develop students as professional communicators and as leaders and members of professional work teams.
- 4. To develop a foundation in communication which will include a working knowledge of communication theory, communication history, and communication literature.
Bachelor of Arts in English
The Bachelor of Arts major in English is an answer to the felt need of the Tarlac State University in enriching curriculum with studies in language and literature.
- To enhance students competence and proficiency in English.
- To establish TSU-CASS as the center for English Language studies imbued with a sense of social responsibility and commitment.
- To develop, improve and promote English language pedagogy.
- To instill in the students appreciation of world literature.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology offers an array of courses reflecting the breadth of the field. It aims to develop competent and holistic AB Psychology graduates equipped with the needed skills and knowledge essential for a career in government, education, business, law and other discipline.
- To continually develop a curriculum in psychology that is not only global in nature but also sensitive to the diverse cultures in region III and responsive to the needs of times.
- To produce competent and value oriented graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of psychology.
- To be the center of behavioral innovation, information, research and extension in the field of psychology in region III.