The Tarlac State University Office of Alumni Affairs (TSU-OAA) was created in 1995 during the presidency of Dr. Rodolfo Y. Baking under the Administrative Order No.5, series of 1995 dated February 3, 1995 in order to ensure the smooth and proper coordination between the alumni and administration of the University. As stated in the said order, it has the following functions:
- Organize and activate the Tarlac School of Arts and Trades (TSAT), Tarlac College of Technology (TCT) and Tarlac State University (TSU) Alumni Association.
- Propose and install a system of coordination and cooperation between the AlumniAssociation and the Administration in promoting the welfare of the TSU community.
- Perform other functions relative to Alumni Affairs.
The office, in accordance with the Tarlac State University organizational chart. is under the office of the president. When Dr. Dolores G. Matias became university president in 1998, she transferred the OAA under the Office of the Vice President for Development and Public Affairs under the supervision of Dr. Noel H. Mallari, the Vice President. This office was renamed as Office of the Vice President for Development, Public Affairs and Research and later on Office of the Vice President for Planning, Research and Extension (VP-PRE) wherein all external affairs of the university are under in this office.
After Dr. Noel H. Mallari, the Office of VP-PRE was then supervised by Dr. Victoria Gengania and in June 2006, by Dr. Brigido B. Corpuz when Dr. Priscilla C. Viuya was elected as the new University President. However, because of the creation of the Office of Vice President for Production in 2008, Dr. Corpuz left the office and Dr. Glenard T. Madriaga took over. The Office of VP-PRE then was renamed Office of the Vice President for Research, Extension and Development (VP-RED).
To organize and activate the Alumni Association of Tarlac Trade School (TTS), Tarlac School of Arts and Trades (TSAT), Tarlac College of Technology (TCT) and the Tarlac State University (TSU) as well as to install a system of coordination and cooperation between the Alumni Association and the Administration in promoting the welfare of the TSU community and perform other functions relative to alumni affairs.
- To serve as the link between the alumni and the administration.
- To encourage the maximum participation, involvement, support and commitment of the alumni to TSU.
- To assist the TSU Alumni Association in identifying, cultivating and involving the alumni in the university and alumni programs, events and activities.
- To represent TSU and the TSUAA in the programs, events and activities of the university and the alumni.